Discrimination law has a unique enforcement regime with a particular emphasis on individual claimants lodging complaints through equality bodies and commissions.
- Alysia Blackham and Dominique Allen, ‘Resolving Discrimination Claims outside the Courts: Alternative Dispute Resolution in Australia and the United Kingdom’ (2019) 31 Australian Journal of Labour Law 253.
- Dominique Allen and Alysia Blackham, 'Under Wraps: Secrecy, Confidentiality and the Enforcement of Equality Law in Australia and the UK' (2019) 43(2) Melbourne University Law Review (forthcoming).
- Therese MacDermott, 'The role of mandatory ADR and agency engagement in resolving employment discrimination complaints: an Australian perspective' (2015) 31(1) The International Journal of Comparative Labour Law and Industrial Relations 27.
- Beth Gaze and Rosemary Hunter, 'Access to Justice for Discrimination Complainants: Courts and Legal Representation' (2009) 32(3) UNSW Law Journal 699.
- Anna Champan, 'Discrimination Complaint-Handling in NSW: The Paradox of Informal Dispute Resolution' (2000) 22(3) Sydney Law Review 321.
- Margaret Thornton, ‘Equivocations of Conciliation: The Resolution of Discrimination in Complaints in Australia’ (1989) 52 Modern Law Review 733.
- Therese MacDermott, 'The collective dimension of federal anti-discrimination proceedings in Australia: shifting the burden from individual litigants' (2018) 18(1) International Journal of Discrimination and the Law 22.
- Belinda Smith and Dominique Allen, 'Whose Fault Is It? Asking the Right Question to Address Discrimination' (2012) 37(1) Alternative Law Journal 31.
- Belinda Smith, 'A regulatory analysis of the Sex Discrimination Act 1984 (Cth): Can it effect equality or only redress harm?' in C Arup et al (eds), Labour Law and Labour Market Regulation - Essays on the Construction, Constitution and Regulation of Labour Markets and Work Relationships (Federation Press, 2006) 105.
- Belinda Smith, Melanie Schleiger and Liam Elphick, 'Preventing Sexual Harassment in Work: Exploring the Promise of Work Health and Safety Laws' (2019) 32(2) Australian Journal of Labour Law (forthcoming).
- Paul Harpur and Ben French, 'Is it safer without you?: analysing the intersection between Work Health and Safety and Anti-Discrimination Laws' (2014) 30(1) Journal of Health, Safety and Environment 167.